Explore career options
School of Design and Creative Arts
Your careers team
Careers Network is here to support you by providing information, advice, guidance, events and opportunities to enable you to secure placements, work experience, self-employment and graduate careers.
Working closely with your academic school, our team of experts ensures that every student has access to careers advice. As well as large careers fairs, we hold sector-specific events, involving employers and Loughborough alumni, to help you make valuable connections and secure high-quality placements and graduate roles.
To find out more about what we do and how we can support you, visit Meet the teams.
Details of the Placements Officers for your school can be found here.
We look forward to supporting throughout your Loughborough journey.
Key skills developed during your degree
- Imagination and creativity
- Critical awareness of self and external factors and the ability to be reflective
- Interpersonal and social skills
- An appreciation of diversity
- Creative problem-solving
- Team working
- The ability to work independently
- Oral and written communication
- Visual presentation
- Information and research
- Self-motivation and self-management
- Organisation and planning
- Networking and industry awareness
- Career planning and management
- IT, particularly using creative software
Graduate employment sectors related to your degree:
- Advertising Account Executive
- Advertising Art Director
- Arts Administrator
- Art Teacher
- Art Therapist
- Charity Fundraiser
- Commercial Art Gallery Manager
- Community Arts Worker
- Creative Director
- Digital Marketer
- Event Manager
- Exhibitions Officer
- Graphic Designer
- Museum / Art Education officer
- Marketing Executive
- Museum / gallery curator
- Public Relations Officer
- Social Media Manager
Graduates from creative degrees often have many transferable skills which can be applicable to a wide variety of jobs and industries, not just the creative sector.
For example, here is a resources for creatives working in healthcare.
Further study at Loughborough University:
The School of Design and Creative Arts offers a unique range of postgraduate taught programmes and research opportunities.
Further study elsewhere:
Where do graduates go?
What do Loughborough Fine Art graduates do?
Graduates from this subject area have gone on to destinations where:
Boots, Brilliant Fires Ltd., Damien Hirst Science (UK) Ltd., deVol Kitchens, Leicester Grammar School, Loft Gallery, National TV & Film School, Street PR, UK Young Artists/British Arts Council.
Art Director/Film Maker, Ceramicist, Litigation Associate, Marketing Apprentice, Painting Artist, Photographer/Freelance Artist, Sales Associate, Self-employed Artist, Teaching Assistant, Team Leader.
Further Study included:
International Arts Management, MA Art History and Museum Curating, MA History of Art, PGCE Secondary Art & Design with QTS.
For more information on companies graduates work for, industry links and career opportunities, visit the subject area page of the University website. You can also find out what our students say in our student stories of personal journeys through and beyond Loughborough and track the career journeys and Loughborough experiences of some of our alumni.
Resources to research career areas
- Arts Professional
- British Council - Arts
- Creative and Cultural Skills
- Degree Art blog: The Fine Art of postgraduate life
- Discover Creative Careers
- Grads in Games
- Prospects – What can I do with a Fine Art Degree?
- Prospects – Fine Artist Job Profile
- Prospects - Art Therapist
- Screen Skills - Careers in Film, TV, Animation, VFX and Games
- Target Jobs - Creative Careers for Graduates
Resources to find experience, placements and graduate jobs
There are a wide range of resources available to you to search for placement, internship and work experience opportunities.
There are many opportunities advertised on Careers Online, the University’s online vacancy system.
- Creative Access
- Creative Opportunities
- Arts Jobs
- Arts Professional
- Arts Jobs Online
- LinkedIn Jobs
- Run The Check
- Screen Skills: Careers in film, TV, animation, games and VFX
- The Dots
- Young Creative Council - Placement Poverty Pledge
Heritage and engagement: