Technology Enhanced Learning
Support for Staff
Getting Started with Lynda
Lynda.com can be used for your own personal development or incorporated into your teaching to enhance your students' digital skills.
With Lynda, you can select relevant learning materials and collate them into a playlist which you can then link to from your Learn module.
For an overview of key features, watch: How to Use Lynda.com.
Take a look at our FAQs below for information on getting started.
How do I create playlists?
Playlists are collections of videos that you can share with others.
To create a playlist:
- Sign into Lynda.com and hover over your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click 'Playlists' and then 'Create new playlist'.
- Give the playlist a title and click create.
TOP TIP: you may find it useful to use the module code at the start of the title (if appropriate).
To add video clips or entire courses to this playlist:
- Go to the specific videos or course you want to add.
- Click the '+' icon on the right of the course. For a specific video, click the '+Add to playlist' next to the video title and then 'Video only'.
How do I share content with others?
How to share a playlist:
- Click on your profile icon on the top-right of the screen and then on 'Playlists'.
- Click on 'Make public' and then on 'Share'.
- Copy and paste the URL.
How to share a course:
- Click on the specific course and then on 'Share'.
- Copy and paste the URL.
How to embed content on Learn:
- Go to your module's page on Learn.
- 'Turn editing on' on the right-handside.
- 'Add an activity or resource'.
- Select the 'URL' resource in the right column.
- Give your URL a title and description if appropriate.
- Open a different tab and go the video/course you would like to embed on Lynda.com
- Click on the 'Share' button - copy and paste the URL provided into your Learn resource.
Playlist of the month
Office 365 Groups
Office 365 groups allow teams to collaborate quickly and easily. In an Office 365 group, all team members have access to a shared email inbox, calendar, file repository, and notebook.
Use the link below to access the playlist:
Other useful playlists
This playlist combines an introduction to Excel 2016 for those with limited experience or who need a refresher, together with some more in depth information on the use of formulas, functions and charts. It is an example of how you can create a more tailored list of videos, rather than just a long list of courses.
This playlist contains selected videos on some of the more commonly used advanced functions and features of Microsoft Excel 2016 and provides links to some in-depth courses for those wishing to explore them in more detail.
Topics in this course include: finding content in Lynda; refreshing student skills; increasing digital skills; flipping the classroom; mapping curriculum to skills; creating playlists; assessing learning; and adding Lynda.com content to Learn (Moodle).
This playlist for staff provides innovative ways of sharing and displaying content using technology, as well as assessing learning and teaching in online environments.
This playlist outlines how you can use Office 365 groups effectively. Office 365 groups allow teams to collaborate quickly and easily. In an Office 365 group, all team members have access to a shared email inbox, calendar, file repository and notebook.