22 Feb 2021
Current students - accommodation options for 2021-22
Current Students - Where will I live next year?
We recognise that this has been a difficult year for everyone, many of your hall social activities and events have been restricted and you have not been able to experience the social and lively atmosphere that Loughborough is known for! We would love for you to return to your hall next year to experience life in halls as it should have been…
You may be starting to think about where you want to live next year – Talk to us first! Whether you would prefer to return to live in University halls or live in private accommodation off campus, we’ll guide you through the process to make sure you are aware of all your options.
Don't rush into anything! Your first term is for settling into student life, getting to grips with your studies and making friends.
See our dedicated webpage for useful information and advice about your accommodation options for your next year of study at Loughborough.
Continue the Loughborough Experience in University Halls?
Online applications closed on Friday 18 February. Hall applications are currently being considered by the wardens. Successful applicants will receive their offer via email by the end of the Spring Term. Accept the offer on-line - no paperwork to return.
If you no longer require Halls accommodation - please let us know so we can cancel your application and consider someone else!
Missed the deadline to apply?
Depending on the number of applications received, applications will only re-open for certain halls.
- Remember to apply using the 2021-22 application tab!
- You will not be able to reserve your room online - you will be asked to register 3 preferences for accommodation.
- Late applicants will be held on a ‘waiting list’. We may not be able to consider these applicants until May/June depending on the number of accepted offers.
Prefer to live off campus?
The houses AND the landlords are quality checked - you can avoid a lot of hassle and potential problems by using us in your search for a new home.
- A large range of University approved and graded properties – all Landlords accredited by DASH Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Over 90% of properties within 15 minutes’ walk of the campus
- Peace of mind – support and advice from the Campus Services Accommodation Team
- Our advice is not to sign a contract until after your January exams!
Food for thought……
Each year many students come to the University Student Advice and Support or the Accommodation Centre for help with getting out of a housing contract that they no longer want.
Most of these enquiries are from students that had rushed / jumped / been pressured / bullied into signing a contract way too early (sometimes within fresher’s week, or their first weeks of university studies!!).
Signing too early has a very real potential for causing a number of dilemmas;
- Sign for an accommodation that you cannot afford
- Joining with a group of “friends” that later become your worst enemies
- Sign a room and later decide that you don’t wish to continue your studies / or attend a different uni.
- Booking an accommodation that is in a terrible condition when you go to move in, despite looking fine when you viewed it (10 months earlier!)
Many agents in town are targeting students to ‘sign up now’. Don’t feel pressured into making a rush decision, there is plenty of accommodation available in Loughborough. The longer you leave it - the more chance you have to negotiate a deal and avoid paying Summer rent! The best bargains are often to be had by waiting until later in the year! #DontRentYet
The Student Accommodation Centre will help you find accommodation, be it halls or a house, that is right for you!