27 Mar 2020
Current students - accommodation options for 2020-21
Current Students - Where will I live next year?
Continue the Loughborough Experience in University Halls?
A third of University Hall rooms are available for returning students.
Successful applicants will now have received their offer via email. Accept the offer on-line - no paperwork to return.
If you have applied for University Halls of Residence for 2020-21 and not received an offer you should have received an update email. Due to the high demand from returning students for certain halls, unfortunately we are unable to make you an offer from one of your preferences.
We currently have very limited availability for rooms in some of our halls - if you wish to be considered for one of these options please contact us.
Alternatively, your application is still awaiting allocation; however it is unlikely that rooms will become available in your preferred halls.
Late applicants will be held on a ‘waiting list’. We may not be able to consider these applicants until May/June depending on the number of accepted offers.
If you have now made alternative accommodation arrangements and no longer require a room in Hall for 2020-21, please let us know so that we can cancel your application.
Missed the deadline to apply?
Depending on the number of applications received, applications will only re-open for certain halls.
- Remember to apply using the 2020-21 application tab!
- You will not be able to reserve your room online - you will be asked to register 3 preferences for accommodation.
- Late applicants will be held on a ‘waiting list’. We may not be able to consider these applicants until May/June depending on the number of accepted offers.
Prefer to live off campus?
Our 2020-21 advertising opened on Monday 2 December.
The houses AND the landlords are quality checked - you can avoid a lot of hassle and potential problems by using us in your search for a new home.
- A large range of University approved and graded properties – all Landlords accredited by DASH Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Over 90% of properties within 15 minutes’ walk of the campus
- Peace of mind – support and advice from the Campus Services Accommodation Team
- On campus office located on University Road – call in and see us
Food for thought……
Each year many students come to the University Student Advice and Support or the Accommodation Centre for help with getting out of a housing contract that they no longer want.
Many agents in town are targeting students to ‘sign up now’. Don’t feel pressured into making a rush decision, there is plenty of accommodation available in Loughborough. The longer you leave it - the more chance you have to negotiate a deal and avoid paying Summer rent! The best bargains are often to be had by waiting until later in the year! #DontRentYet
The Student Accommodation Centre will help you find accommodation, be it halls or a house, that is right for you!
If you choose Loughborough as your Firm choice University, you will be able to apply for Halls accommodation from May 2020. More information.