Aron completed an undergraduate degree in Sport and Exercise Science at Nottingham Trent University and a master’s degree at Loughborough University in Physical Activity and Health. During this time and beyond, Aron held research, health promotion and teaching roles across a range of sectors.
Aron completed his PhD in sedentary behaviour, physical activity and health in children in 2019 at Loughborough University. He then held a Research Associate post at Loughborough University, funded by Leicester Biomedical Research Centre, managing and supporting lifestyle-related observational and experimental studies in clinical and HGV driver populations.
Aron currently manages an MRC funded sleep management development project in commercial drivers.
- Surveillance of sleep, physical activity and sedentary behaviour during free living conditions in children and adults, general populations and at-risk occupational groups
- Relationships between movement behaviours and other lifestyle factors, health and well-being
- Evaluation of sleep, physical activity and sedentary behaviour interventions
- The Co-Development of a Comprehensive Sleep Management Programme in Commercial Drivers: MRC Public Health Intervention Development
- Structured Health Intervention for Truckers (SHIFT): NIHR Public Health Research Programme
- Impact of Type 2 Diabetes and Exercise on Liver Fat Quality: Diabetes UK, NIHR Nottingham & Leicester BRC
- Standing Out: Standing Desks Within the Secondary School Classroom: Loughborough University
- Sherry AP, Clemes SA, Chen YL, Edwardson C, Gray LJ, Guest A, King J, Rowlands AV, Ruettger K, Sayyah M, Varela-Mato V. Sleep duration and sleep efficiency in UK long-distance heavy goods vehicle drivers. Occupational and environmental medicine. 2021 Aug 19.
- Guest AJ, Clemes SA, King JA, Chen YL, Ruettger K, Sayyah M, Sherry A, Varela‐Mato V, Paine NJ. Attenuated cardiovascular reactivity is related to higher anxiety and fatigue symptoms in truck drivers. Psychophysiology. 2021 Jun 4:e13872.
- Longman DP, Shaw CN, Varela-Mato V, Sherry AP, Ruettger K, Sayyah M, Guest A, Chen YL, Paine NJ, King JA, Clemes SA. Time in nature associated with decreased fatigue in UK truck drivers. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2021 Jan;18(6):3158.
- Sherry AP, Pearson N, Ridgers ND, Johnson W, Barber SE, Bingham DD, Nagy LC, Clemes SA. Impacts of a standing desk intervention within an English primary school classroom: a pilot controlled trial. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2020 Jan;17(19):7048.
- Thackray AE, Willis SA, Sherry AP, Clayton DJ, Broom DR, Demashkieh M, Sargeant JA, James LJ, Finlayson G, Stensel DJ, King JA. An acute bout of swimming increases post-exercise energy intake in young healthy men and women. Appetite. 2020 Nov 1;154:104785.
- Sherry AP, Pearson N, Ridgers ND, Barber SE, Bingham DD, Nagy LC, Clemes SA. activPAL-measured sitting levels and patterns in 9–10 years old children from a UK city. Journal of Public Health. 2019 Dec 20;41(4):757-64
- Sherry AP, Pearson N, Clemes SA. The effects of standing desks within the school classroom: a systematic review. Preventive medicine reports. 2016 Jun 1;3:338-47.