On 16 July, the School welcomed friends and families of our graduates on to campus. As part of the day the Dean of School, Professor Mark Lewis presented the following students School Awards:
- Antony Coombe – The Dean of School Prize – awarded for best performance on an undergraduate programme
- Victoria Wayman - The Alan Guy Prize - awarded to the final-year student who has performed best in the physical education and pedagogy module
Prizes for Academic Excellence were awarded to the highest performing students in the final year.
- Emily Alderson - Human Biology Prize for Academic Excellence
- Joelle Whenham-Bossy - Psychology Prize for Academic Excellence
- Victoria Pilkington – Sport and Exercise Psychology Prize for Academic Excellence
- Anthony Coombe – G V Sibley Memorial Prize - Sport and Exercise Science Prize for Academic Excellence
- Adam Charman - Fred Harrison Prize – Sport Management Prize for Academic Excellence
Project Prizes were awarded to a student from each programme for outstanding performance in their final-year dissertation project.
- Elizabeth Scammell - Dr Nick Norgan Memorial Human Biology Project Prize
- Joelle Whenham-Bossy – Psychology and Sport and Exercise Psychology Project Prize
- Thomas Rottier - Sport and Exercise Science Project Prize
- Charlotte Roberts – Sport Management Project Prize
- Sophie Pink – Sport Science with Management Project Prize
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Placement was given to five students who excelled in their placements and worked hard to identify and deliver economic, social and cultural impact to make a real difference within the organisation.
- George Henderson, Sports Surgery Clinic, Dublin
- Orla Purdon, England and Wales Cricket Board
- Sally Handford, Ministry of Defence
- Simon Taylor, Mind Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes
- Tiffany Afflick, British Swimming
The School would like to congratulate all the students who graduated this summer and a special congratulation to those who received an award.