As part of Loughborough University’s Institute of Advanced Studies (IAS) Spotlight Series, colleagues and I are organising a Virtual Workshop on ‘Great Power Competition in the Anthropocene Arctic’.
The workshop, which will take place over two days ( 8th and 9th December between 1pm - 3pm) using Zoom, will bring together a group of distinguished and early career scholars, as well as practitioners, to consider what great power competition looks like in the Anthropocene Arctic. Specifically, the workshop will explore and develop new concepts and approaches for improving understanding of how the Anthropocene interacts with inter-state rivalry.
Tuesday 8 December - 1-3pm - Anthropocene Geopolitics and the Arctic
- Professor Simon Dalby, Balsillie School of International Affairs
- Dr Mia Bennett, The University of Hong Kong
- Dr Ingrid Medby, Oxford Brookes University
- Professor Caroline Kennedy-Pipe, Loughborough University
- Dr Geoffrey Sloan, University of Reading
- Dr James Rogers, The University of Southern Denmark
A Zoom link will be shared with you on completion of registration. If you have any other queries, please email Laura Dale (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact and booking details
- Laura Dale
- Telephone number
- 01509 228598
- Email address