Dr Marco Antonsich talks about his current research which focuses on answering the following question - if the population changes due to international migration does our idea of the nation change?
Migrations and Nations
Understanding the future of our societies and how we can live together in diverse communities.
The theme addresses grand challenges of the contemporary societies on the intersections of migration and nation:
1) How are contemporary political and socio-economic conjunctures shaped by global migration processes and flows including:
2) How and why do migration-related forces increasingly bring together and / or fragment contemporary societies and communities, including:
- Citizenship, race and religion
- Modern slavery and discrimination
3) What does it mean to be a migrant in the twenty-first century?