26 October 2021
Book Workshop on Heritage & Debt with Professor David Joselit (Harvard University)
Presented By Dr Kathryn Brown, Loughborough University
- Loughborough University (International House) and Live Online
To attend please register here.
About this event
In this book workshop, Professor David Joselit will debate themes from his latest book Heritage & Debt: Art in Globalization (The MIT Press, 2020) with a panel of discussants drawn from a range of different disciplines.
The book explores how global contemporary art reanimates the past as a resource for the present, combating modern art's legacy of Eurocentrism.
Join us to discuss some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary creative practices, art markets, and museum cultures in a globalized world.
- Dr Kathryn Brown (Loughborough University)
- Dr Dirk Boll (Christie's)
- Professor Faisal Devji (University of Oxford)
- Professor Stephen Forcer (Glasgow University)
- Dr Luke Skrebowski (University of Manchester).
This workshop is kindly sponsored by Loughborough University's Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Dr Kathryn Brown
- +44 (0)1509 228987
- Send email