Dr Xiaoxiao Han PhD MSc BEng
Lecturer in Additive Manufacturing
2016 – Present Lecturer in Additive Manufacturing, Loughborough University, UK
2012 – 2016 Postdoctoral research associate, Loughborough University, UK.
2011 – 2012 Research Fellow, University of Warwick, UK.
2007 – 2011 PhD in Polymer degradation, University of Leicester, UK.
2006 – 2007 MSc in Advanced Mechanics, University of Leicester, UK.
2002 – 2006 BEng in Mechanical Engineering and Automation, Beijing Institute of technology, China.
Xiaoxiao received her BEng in Mechanical Engineering and Automation from Beijing Institute of Technology in 2006, MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering from the University of Leicester in 2008, and PhD in Computer Modelling for Biodegradation of Bioresorbable Polymers from The University of Leicester in 2011
Xiaoxiao was working as a research associate on two major European projects since 2012 in the Additive Manufacturing Research Group at Loughborough University before taking up a position as Lecturer in the same group in 2016.
Her research achievements have been recognized by 11 peer reviewed papers, 4 invited book chapters and international conference presentations. She is also a journal referee for journals, including: Acta Biomaterialia, Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, and Advances in Biomaterials.
- Additive manufacturing for biomedical applications
- Topological or geometric optimization in the design of AM products
- Process optimisation of AM by using finite element analysis
- Biomaterials for AM
- Quality inspection system for AM
- Artificial vascularised scaffolds for 3D-tissue regeneration (ArtiVasc 3D)
- Flexible mini-factory for local and customized production in a container (CassaMobile)