Dr Richard Bibb PhD BSc
Reader in Medical Applications of Design
2012 - present Reader in Medical Applications of Design, Design School, Loughborough University, UK.
2008 - 2012 Senior Lecturer, Loughborough University, UK.
1998 - 2008 Head of Medical Applications Group, PDR, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK.
1999 PhD in Rapid Prototyping, University of Wales, UK.
1995 BSc Industrial Design, Brunel University, UK.
Dr Bibb's primary area of research explores the effective application of advanced design and product development technologies in medicine, healthcare, surgery and rehabilitation. This concentrates on applied collaborative research conducted with academic, clinical and industrial partners across the UK and overseas. Other research interests include user centred design (particularly for medical and rehabilitation products), effective application of Rapid Prototyping and developing design rules for Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing.
- Medical applications of Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing
- Medical device design
- Medical imaging and 3D scanning
- Head and neck reconstruction
- Customised and personalised medical devices
- Medical and anatomical simulation
- User-centred design in medical applications
- ‘CassaMobile’, EC FP7, £486,041, Sep 2013 - Aug 2016
- 'Artificial vascularised scaffolds for 3D-tissue Regeneration', EC FP7, £477,893 Nov 2011 - Oct 2015
- ‘AdM-ERA’ (EU-FP7, £79,762, 2011 - 2014