COVID-19 Lifestyle Education sessions: Session 1
About this event
The National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine will be hosting a series of four online lifestyle education sessions in June and July in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
These sessions are aimed at GPs and other healthcare professionals but are open to anyone with an interest in the topics.
The four online evening sessions will look at a range of lifestyle factors and how they can influence an individual's response to COVID-19.
Sessions will take place via Zoom and are free to attend. They will begin at 6pm and last for approximately two hours, with the exception of the first introductory session which will be last an hour.
Details for accessing the live online sessions will be emailed the day before the event.
- 23 June - Introduction to the immune system
- 30 June - Exercise and immune function. Diet and immune function. Exercise and immune function in cancer patients
- 07 July - COVID-19 and obesity. Exercise and weight management. Diet and weight management
- 14 July - Physical function in vulnerable adults: considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Mental health considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic
Contact and booking details
- Alison Stanley
- Telephone number
- 01509 226445
- Email address
- Booking required?
- Booking information
- Please email Alison Stanley to book - firstname.lastname@example.org