AI and Smart Mobility
As part of the Institute of Advanced Studies' Annual Theme 'AI:Facts, Fictions, Futures', this in person event will bring together a range of academics to discuss AI and Smart Mobility.
Smart mobility is rich in data. There is enormous potential within the transport sector for using AI to address pressing challenges in sustainability and resilience as well as fulfilling broader societal objectives of inclusion and equity. AI is already commonplace in many everyday transport systems and will become even more prevalent as technology evolves, particularly with rapid developments in autonomous vehicles. Our Fellows will discuss state of the art AI to propose how autonomous vehicles and future transport systems will better meet and shape the growing and ever-changing demand for mobility.
Convened by: Professor Andrew Morris, Dr Ashliegh Filtness and Dr Haitao He.
IAS Visiting Fellows in residence:
- Mohamed Abdel-Aty, University of Central Florida
- Kay Axhausen, ETH Zurich
- Sebastien Glaser, CARRS-Q, Queensland University of Technology
- Nigel Wilson, MIT CEE
- Andry Rakotonirainy, CARRS-Q, Queensland University of Technology
- Juan de Dios Ortúzar, Department of Transport Engineering and Logistics, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
- Xuesong Wang, Tongji University
Contact and booking details
- Kieran Teasdale
- Email address