AI and Cultural Heritage
As part of the IAS Annual Theme 'AI:Facts, Fictions, Futures', this virtual event will bring together a range of academics to discuss AI and Cultural Heritage.
The role and impact of AI is not limited to the scientific area; it also has enormous significance for society and culture. In the course of this event, our Fellows and invited speakers consider applications of AI and digital technology in the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums) sector, examining the collection, analysis, and dissemination of cultural heritage data, how this information might be experienced, and the ethical issues raised by these processes.
- Ryan Cordell, Northeastern University
- Ahmed Elgammal, Rutgers University
- Chao Tayiana Maina, African Digital Heritage
- Oonagh Murphy, Goldsmiths
- Güzden Varinlioğlu, Izmir University of Economics
- Claire Warwick, Durham University
- Victoria Lemieux, University of British Colombia
Contact and booking details
- Kieran Teasdale
- Email address