Loughborough remains top in the 2015 Lloyds Bank Student Life Survey
For the second year running Loughborough University has come out on top in the Lloyds Bank Student Life Survey.
The annual survey aims to quantify where student satisfaction and living standards are highest by ranking individual institutions' performance across a range of indicators. These include course quality, employment and earnings potential, accommodation cost, sports facilities, crime and social life.
Loughborough scored highly again in several categories to retain its top place ranking:
- 93% of final year graduates find employment (or carry on studying), with an average starting salary of £23,000
- 85% of students are satisfied with their course
- As a leading sports University, Loughborough has some of the best facilities amongst British universities for budding athletes
- Loughborough students rate their social life as one of the best in Britain, with access to affordable shops, bars and other amenities
- Crime rate around the University is low meaning students are living in a safe environment
Claire Garrod,Head of Personal Current Accounts at Lloyds Bank said: “Loughborough University has kept its top spot in the Lloyds Bank Student Life Survey for the second successive year. The university scored consistently highly across most indicators, such as course satisfaction, high employment prospects, affordable shops and low crime rate.”
Professor Robert Allison, Vice Chancellor of Loughborough University, said: “I am delighted that we have topped the quality of life survey for the second year running. Together with our Students’ Union, we pride ourselves on offering one of the very best student experiences in the UK.”