We are looking for passionate and talented Loughborough University graduates, current final year students or those looking to undertake a placement year to join our award-winning Marketing and Advancement team.
If you love being part of the Loughborough family and want to use your experience to make a difference, we want to hear from you.
We have several paid intern positions available in web and digital, alumni engagement, recruitment marketing, academic school marketing and student recruitment. The positions are full time and fixed term for 12 months.
The positions offer you the opportunity to gain valuable marketing experience and use your personal experience of Loughborough to deliver engaging marketing and engagement campaigns. You will need to be highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and have excellent communication skills to connect with people at all levels.
Salary: £18,529 per annum
Closing date for applications: 12 June 2022
Interviews will be held from week commencing 11 July 2022
About the internships
Our internships cover a wide range of marketing functions and if you would like to express an interest in a specific role, please include the title of your preferred role in your personal statement.
Web and Digital
We are looking for someone who will:
- Carry out research to inform web projects, including analysing data using Google Analytics and Data Studio, competitor research, site audits, user journey mapping and identifying user needs.
- Take an active role in supporting with web projects by, developing, editing and populating content using the content management system, sourcing and resizing imagery, and ensuring content is optimised and accessible.
- Assist with the day-to-day generation of new and engaging content for the University’s main social media channels. Using analytics and social media monitoring tools to collate data as appropriate.
- Work with the Video Production team to create engaging video content, support with editing and subtitling and promotion across digital platforms.
- Support the development and management of content for other digital platforms including MyLboro, display screens, banner ads and marketing emails.
- Ensure consistency of message and brand voice across all platform.
For this role, you will need to:
- Assist with the delivery of alumni engagement activities and communications.
- Be the primary point of contact for alumni and undertake day to day administrative support for the University’s engagement activities, particularly in relation to alumni database records.
- Help develop collateral, mailings, routine correspondence and follow up material.
- Actively contribute to finding ‘lost’ alumni and ensure data is recorded accurately.
- Support the organisation and running of events.
For this role, you will be required to:
- Help plan, co-ordinate and deliver marketing collateral and activities for the School of Business and Economics in line with the University’s brand.
- Develop compelling copy for on and offline channels including social media, campaigns and for the undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses.
- Prepare design briefs and coordinate photo and video shoots.
- Work collaboratively to create a strong digital presence that promotes staff research, enterprise activity and the academic programmes.
- Produce engaging digital content for the School of Business and Economics that can be shared across social media.
- Maintain the School of Business and Economics website, ensuring relevant information is created, added and kept up to date.
As the Recruitment Marketing Intern, you will:
- Liaise with students, staff and external contacts to create engaging and dynamic content, for Loughborough University social media channels.
- Use the University’s content management system to develop new content for the UG and PG online prospectuses as well as other sites including the development of student blogs.
- Update and enhance the University’s profile on third-party study sites and online forums such as The Student Room (for Loughborough University), Student Crowd, Prospects, Hotcourses and FindaMasters (for Loughborough University London).
- Create monthly newsletters collating the latest news, announcements and offers on campus to send to UG and PG enquirers, applicants and offer holders, and a monthly newsletter to send to current students and staff at Loughborough University London.
- Support the delivery of open events and study fairs, situated on campus, across the UK and in Europe.
- Manage and respond to enquiries sent to the Loughborough University London email accounts and support wider recruitment marketing initiatives if required.
- Support and lead on various marketing campaigns.
The position is based in Loughborough with potential travel to London.
For this role, you will be required to:
- Represent the University at UCAS, HE and careers fairs across the country to raise awareness of Loughborough in the external marketplace and to generate applications from well-qualified students.
- Support the creation of material for prospective students and their advisers about researching and applying to university as well as studying at Loughborough.
- Provide support for a wide range of recruitment and outreach initiatives, both on and off campus, that raise awareness of HE and/or enrich understanding of a specific subject area.
- Evaluate and review events/activities to ensure they are in line with the University’s strategy.
This role will involve a significant amount of out of hours and remote working and requires a full licence to drive in the UK.
Graphic and Digital Design Intern
Creative and Print Services are also seeking to recruit a Graphic and Digital Design Intern to work in our busy in-house design studio.
This exciting 12 month placement opportunity would enable you to develop creative and sound technical skills in a Design Studio setting, which would include looking at new and exciting ways design interacts with digital, social and print channels.
With a passion for good design and bursting with creative ideas, you will have some knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and ideally After Effects for MacOS. This will be backed up by a strong portfolio of projects you can share at application and interview stages.
Application closing date: 10 June 2022
Interviews: 6 July 2022