About the University
Loughborough University is a fantastic place to work and study. There is a real pride in the University that touches everyone associated with it.
Throughout our history we have built upon our distinctive characteristics and enhanced our strengths. Our origins in 1909, as one of the UK’s foremost technical institutes focused on meeting society’s needs, set in train an ethos that is still evident at Loughborough today.
Our campus in the heart of Leicestershire – one of the largest in the UK, spanning 440 acres – provides a supportive and enriching environment with first-rate facilities for both staff and students.
Loughborough University London, our postgraduate campus on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the former site of the 2012 London Olympics, offers education, research and enterprise opportunities in London’s newest innovation quarter.
In the 21st Century we are one of Britain’s leading universities. Our combination of world class research, enterprising outlook, unparalleled sporting achievement and excellent student experience gives rise to something that is truly special, and distinctive among the UK’s universities.
- UNIVERSITY OF THE YEAR WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2018
- RANKED 4TH Guardian University Guide 2019
- RATED GOLD in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017
- UNIVERSITY OF THE YEAR AND RANKED 5TH IN THE UK the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- BEST UNIVERSITY FOR SPORT SUBJECTS IN THE WORLD QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
- AWARDED 7 QUEEN’S ANNIVERSARY PRIZES, second only to Oxford
- TOP FOR HIGH QUALITY FACILITIES Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017
- 1ST FOR GIVING BACK WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017
- RATED FIVE STARS PLUS FOR EXCELLENCE QS Stars
- A TOP 10 UNIVERSITY IN ENGLAND FOR RESEARCH INTENSITY according to the Research Excellence Framework