// Students noticeboard
W&S Building Adaptation and Refurbishment Project - S Building External Works
Due to Health & Safety requirements the only viable and safe option is to close one half of University Road to allow safe working. Work will commence on 04-02-2019 and will be completed by April 2019.
• Monday 4th February 2019 at 08:00hrs – Traffic Management in place on University Road as shown above (this will be in place until 4th March at 17:00hrs).
• Tuesday 5th February 2019 to Monday 1st April 2019 – Construction of new footpath and S building works entrance works.
HOW WILL THE WORK EFFECT ME
• No Vehicle Access or Pedestrian Access in area of works as highlighted.
• Some disruption in the area will be unavoidable during the refurbishment and access will be restricted to these areas during the work. This will be clearly identified by the contractor carrying out the work with diversion signs in place.
• Emergency evacuation routes will remain unaltered during the period of works with any necessary diversions being advised by further notices and any diversions clearly sign posted.
• Every effort will be made to keep construction activities to a minimum, specifically noise, dust and work processes.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
• The Project Manager from Facilities Management looking after the works is detailed below, he will be pleased to assist in any way possible and practicable with difficulties you experience as a result of these major works.
Shaun Green – Project Manager. Shaun will be available by phone and email to deal with any concerns or problems. Contact details extension 222265/ mobile 07971636268 or email S.J.Green@lboro.ac.uk
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• For your own safety and that of others, Facilities Management and the contractors would request that you assist by taking note of the works that are in progress and alternative routes and warnings that may be signed.