// Students noticeboard
Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installation - Work Commencing Tuesday 5th
NOTICE OF MINOR WORKS
NEW BRIDGEMAN BUILDING No 206
Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installation – Work Commencing
Tuesday 5TH September 2017
WHY DOES THE WORK NEED TO BE DONE?
· The electrical installation must be periodically inspected, tested and repaired to ensure electrical safety and compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations.
· The work is scheduled to commence Tuesday 5th September 2017 and shall continue for approximately 10 days. The engineers will be working between the hours of 7am and 5pm. Any requirement to work outside of these hours will be communicated to the affected users.
HOW WILL THE WORKS AFFECT ME?
· During certain tests and repairs the electrical circuits will need to be isolated for short periods, meaning that electrical power to socket outlets, lighting etc. will be temporarily lost. You will be notified by the contractor before this happens, however please ensure that any items which may be sensitive to power loss such as computers, experimental equipment etc. are safely isolated and ‘backed up’ where necessary. The appointed contractor is Electract Ltd and their engineers will be working near electrical equipment in all areas inside the building, and from time to time will be using access plant such as stepladders etc. so please exercise caution and observe any barriers, warning signs and notices. Please also follow any verbal instructions that the contractor may provide.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
· Site contact Glen Broadhead – Electract Ltd
Tel: 01530 510011, mobile: 07854178830, email: email@example.com
· Paul Berry – Electract Ltd Inspection & Testing Manager
Tel: 01530 510011 email: firstname.lastname@example.org