// Students noticeboard
Facilities Management Notice of Works
Why Does the Work Need to Be Done?
In line with the University Heating Policy and in order to allow essential maintenance works to be undertaken within the Main Boiler House, the boilers will be isolated on the afternoon of Friday 11th May, 2018.
The boilers will be isolated on the afternoon of the 11th May and will remain off until the start of the next heating season that will commence in October 2018.
How Will the Work Affect Me?
During this period there will be no heating available in the following buildings:
- Bridgeman Building
- Herbert Manzoni Building
- Edward Herbert Building
- Graham Oldham Building
- G Block
- Chemistry Building
- Facilities Management Building/Geography
- GG Block
- Wavy Top
- James France Building
- Stewart Mason Building
- Brockington Building
- Brockington Extension
- Schofield Building
- Haslegrave Building
- Hazlerigg Building
- Rutland Building
- National Centre for Sports and Exercise Medicine
- John Hardie Building
- John Cooper Building
- Matthew Arnold Building
- John Clements
- Design School
- Student Village (Cayley, Rutherford, Royce, Faraday)
- Towers Accommodation
In the event of unseasonably cold weather, please dress accordingly as no supplementary heating will be available.
To ensure hot water services are provided to the Student Village a temporary boiler plant is being installed adjacent to the Whitworth plant room.
How Can I Get More Information and Help?
The Facilities Management Team looking after the works are detailed below:
- Greg Watts – Energy Manager – contact details: ext 222212
- Jeremy Plant – Assistant Mechanical Services Engineer – contact details: ext 222219/mobile 07971 074889
- Jonathan Cripps – Mechanical Services Technician – contact details: ext 222138/mobile 07814288498