// Students noticeboard
ESTATES AND FACILITIES MANAGEMENT NOTICE OF MAJOR WORKS
WHY DOES THE WORK NEED TO BE DONE?
- Estates and Facilities Management are installing a new cold water main to serve James France
- The existing pipework is old cast iron and has fractured recently. Currently we have fed James France with a temporary supply. The work to install a permanent new supply is starting, week commencing 18th November 2019 and will take approximately a week.
HOW WILL THE WORKS AFFECT ME?
- There shall be a certain amount of noise created by this work, on the bank behind James France
- There will be an excavation on the bank behind James France and will extend into the road complete with Traffic control. (traffic lights)
- When the pipework has been installed the water will need to be isolated for 2 hours to make final connections onto the existing supply and removal of the old supply. This will happen at 2.00pm Wednesday 27th November 2019.
- Toilets are available in the adjoining Stewart Mason building
- There will also need to be the disconnection of the existing supply outside F building. The pathway will need to be closed for one day. Date to be agreed – further notifications will be issued.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
- The Estates and Facilities Management team looking after the works are as detailed below, and any of them will be pleased to assist in any way possible and practicable with difficulties you experience as a result of these major works.
Jeremy Plant – Assistant Mechanical Services Engineer. Jeremy will be available by phone and email to deal with any concerns or problems. Contact details 07971074889 email
Gavin Noon – Senior Mechanical Services Engineer. Gavin will be available by phone and email to deal with any concerns or problems. Contact details 07971324928 email
David Barsby – Mechanical Clerk of Work. Dave will be available by phone and email to deal with any concerns or problems. Contact details ext 07791982942 email
In particular, if you have a mobility issue and are likely to be adversely affected by these works, we would like to hear from you.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- For your own safety and that of others, Facilities Management and the contractors would request that you assist by taking note of the works that are in progress and alternative pedestrian routes.
- Safety barriers and fences will be placed for your protection and we would ask that you keep out of fenced off areas.
- If you have any worries at all about the works, or you have been affected in some way by them, please do contact one of the above staff, your departmental or hall manager, or a member of campus security. We will deal promptly with your concerns.