// Students noticeboard
Careers Events – Presentations & Workshops - What's on Weeks 7 – Semester 1 at L
Careers Events is a series of presentations and workshops to help you develop your employability. Attend for advice on developing your skills, exploring your career options, and securing work experience and employment. Learn how to produce powerful written applications and tackle tricky interview and assessment processes. All students are welcome - please book your place in advance using Careers Online
Employer Tests - Workshop
This workshop will show you how to make effective use of 'Graduates First' and other resources in preparing for employer tests. You will take two tests online and receive your results and feedback in the form of a report immediately afterwards. A member of our careers team will be running the session and can answer any queries you may have.
Tuesday 13 November – 12.00pm – 1.00pm – N004 Computer Lab, Haslegrave
Making the Most of your Masters – Postgraduate students only
In this session we will:
• -Review skills and experiences gained through PGT study
• -Discuss the timeline for applications and events in your PGT year
• -Look at effective ways of communicating your PGT experience for employers on your CV/LinkedIn and applications
• -Discuss job search options
• -Look at your next steps and what support is available to you through Careers Network.
Tuesday 13 November – 1.00pm – 1.50pm – J002 Edward Herbert Building
Interviews – Presentation
This session looks at the types of interview you may encounter, the questions you may be asked. You’ll hear first-hand what to expect and learn how to prepare effectively.
Wednesday 14 November – 6.00pm – 6.50pm – J002 Edward Herbert Building
SBE, SocSci, SSEHS, LDS & AED Mock Assessment Centres
-Practice some elements of an assessment centre with Careers Network and recruiters
-Have a go at the types of interview questions you may encounter
-Experience a group activity
The event is supported by Network Rail, PwC, 3M and Careers Network
Thursday 15 November – 6.00pm – 8.30pm – CC021 James France Building
SMEs: Finding Big Opportunities in Small Businesses
The SME workshop will cover why small is beautiful looking at the following:
• -Current Labour market trends within the small to medium sized businesses.
• -Benefits and Challenges of working for an SME
• -Find your SME, methods and tips to find an SME in your area of business and location
• Guest Speaker Details: Asset Intelligence Research (AIR) is an independent investment consultancy and research house.
Thursday 15 November – 6.00pm – 7.30pm – BRI.2.08 Bridgeman Building
For a list of the Careers Events presentations and workshops for Autumn 2018 please visit our website and book your place via Careers Online.
To see which employers are holding events on campus this week, promoting their placement and graduates opportunities, visit our website and book your place via Careers Online.