// Staff noticeboard
Five more volunteers needed!
Our team are looking for volunteers who are:
o Overweight and have a waist circumference over 94cm/90 cm for men/Asian men and over 80cm for women and/or a body mass index (BMI) over 25. If you are unsure if you meet these criteria, we would still like to hear from you as we can double check this in the laboratory.
o Non-smokers and free from any heart, metabolic or inflammatory disease
What will happen to me if I take part?
• You will be invited to complete 3 brief visits (between 15-30 mins) and 2 experimental visits (approximately 7.5 hours from start to finish).
• During the experimental visits, you will be asked to consume a high-fat breakfast meal which includes a milkshake and 2 small muffins
• We will collect small blood and abdominal fat samples before and after the meal to assess the inflammatory response to feeding.
• You are welcome to watch films and read in between measurements.
What are the possible benefits of taking part?
• The knowledge gained from this study will help our research into the effects of the fat composition of the diet on the risk of developing heart disease. We will provide you with feedback about the main study findings.
• You will receive a body composition and dietary assessment as well as individual fasting glucose and insulin measurements
• You will receive a small reimbursement for your time
Interested in finding out more about taking part?
Please get in touch with Rebecca Dewhurst-Trigg at email@example.com or Dr Oonagh Markey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01509 222737