// Staff noticeboard
Facilities Management, Notice of Works - Burleigh Court Car Park Closure - 11th
This is to give notice of work associated with the above project: As part of the W&S refurbishment project works, the Henry Brothers Site Compound located on the grassed area of W building is to be removed as the main refurbishment works are now complete. This will require a crane lift and transportation off site of the welfare and office cabins.
Due to Health & Safety requirements the only viable and safe option is to close the top section of Burleigh Court Car park. Work will commence on 11-01-2019 and will take 1 day to complete.
This work had been originally been planned for the first week of January 2019 to minimise the disruption to students and staff, but due to unforeseen circumstances this was unable to place. Apologies for any inconvenience caused because of this.
• Thursday 10th January 2019 at 12:00hrs – Top section of car park closed to all vehicles.
• Friday 11th January 2019 at 08:00 to 18:00hrs – Crane lift on site and removal of site cabins and welfare units
HOW WILL THE WORK EFFECT ME
• No Vehicle Access or Pedestrian Access in car park area of works as highlighted.
• Some disruption in the area will be unavoidable during the refurbishment and access will be restricted to these areas during the work. This will be clearly identified by the contractor
carrying out the work with diversion signs in place.
• Emergency evacuation routes will remain unaltered during the period of works with any necessary diversions being advised by further notices and any diversions clearly sign posted.
• Every effort will be made to keep construction activities to a minimum, specifically noise, dust and work processes.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
• The Project Manager from Facilities Management looking after the works is detailed below, he will be pleased to assist in any way possible and practicable with difficulties you experience as a result of these major works.
Shaun Green – Project Manager. Shaun will be available by phone and email to deal with any concerns or problems. Contact details extension 222265/ mobile 07971636268 or email S.J.Green@lboro.ac.uk
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• For your own safety and that of others, Facilities Management and the contractors would request that you assist by taking note of the works that are in progress and alternative routes and warnings that may be signed.