Training and development
The identification of development needs and objectives is an essential part of the PDR process. Reviewees are advised to consider potential development opportunities prior to their PDR meeting.
The following areas within the organisation offer training and development for all staff.
People and Organisational Development
Provide a diverse range of training and development activities to assist staff in their current or future role at the University.
It is important to remember that development is far broader than attending professional training courses.
Visit the People and Organisational Development website to find out more about how you can:
- Plan your own development by creating a personal development plan
- Learn online at a time that suits you with training from world class universities and LinkedIn learning
- Receive coaching or mentoring
- Book onto a course
Enhanced Academic Practice
The EAP supports the development of academic staff; research staff; colleagues with a teaching-related remit and postgraduate research students to achieve and sustain an excellent quality learning experience for all our students.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP)
- Associate Teaching Programme
- Making the Most of your Voice
For more information and a full list of courses available visit the Enhanced Academic Practice website using the button below.
Development Opportunities for Research Staff
Research Staff are encouraged to develop their personal and professional skills and can book onto a wide variety of courses, provided by various areas across the organisation including
- Enhanced Academic Practice (link above)
- The Doctoral College
More information on development opportunities and career tools for Research Staff can be explored using the buttons below.
Health and Safety
Provide a range of health and safety training and workshops for a variety of staff groups.
- First Aid at Work
- COSHH - Awareness, Chemical Safety, Risk Assessment and Spill Management
- BOC Safe use of Laboratory Gases
For more information and a full list of courses available visit the Health and Safety website using the button below.
It is important to remember that development is far broader than attending professional training courses. There are a number of additional development opportunities available for staff including
- Job shadowing
- Online learning
- Personal development courses, such as Springboard