Current Students and Staff

// University News

Student disciplinary outcome data and information on how to report an incident

The University has made a commitment to publish relevant data on student disciplinary outcomes.

The purpose of this is to increase transparency about these outcomes and encourage reporting.  

The Student Discipline Committee receives information on all student behaviour issues and sanctions on a quarterly basis and the information presented here is a subset of this data, namely disciplines that relate to students living off-campus.

For the academic year just ended, 43 students were disciplined by the Community Warden for incidents off-campus.  They can be broken down as follows:

Antisocial behaviour - 39

Antisocial behaviour/dishonest behaviour - 2

Assault/violent behaviour - 1

Dishonest behaviour - 1

The University’s policies for anti-social behaviour of students off-campus

The University has regulations which make it clear that good behaviour is required on and off the campus.

When complaints about students living off-campus are received the University will first seek to identify whether its students are involved in the incident/complaint. Wherever possible University security will respond to/attend incidents as they happen.

All incidents are followed up by the University's Community Warden team. The details of all complaints made to the University are shared with Leicestershire Police and Charnwood Borough Council following a data-sharing agreement signed in 2013. Weekly meetings take place between the agencies so that a coordinated approach is taken to managing all complaints. Follow-up action in response to complaints may be taken by one or more of the agencies. The University may undertake disciplinary action against students found to be in breach of University regulations.

The University’s process for reporting incidents off-campus

Residents wanting to report an incident or make a complaint should do so by phoning 01509 222141. This is a phone line operational 24 hours a day in the security control room. 

It is important to note that if the law is being broken (eg violence, vandalism), residents should always ring the police by phoning 101 or 999 in an emergency.