The group has been active for a year and now has a new name and logo to reflect their aspiration to represent every age.
They aim to meet once a term and are currently working on plans for 2021/22. Their aims are:
- To promote age diversity and challenge issues of age discrimination brought to the group’s attention
- To influence the development and implementation of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- To ensure that Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues and opportunities, as they relate to age, remain high on the University’s strategic agenda
- To consult on EDI-related HR practice, including but not exclusively, recruitment and promotions strategy and ensure both direct and indirect age discrimination is challenged and eliminated
- To liaise with relevant groups to develop equalities training, including inclusion training for leadership teams, and best practices to be delivered and shared University-wide
- To build relationships and work jointly with other staff groups on campaigns and initiatives where age diversity is a factor for success
So far, they have discussed learning about age diversity research at the University, providing support on career progression and preparing for retirement.
They are open to suggestions, reflecting on what people care about as they encounter different challenges throughout their career.
They are also seeking to appoint a Chair (or co-Chairs from both Academic and Professional Services) to take the group forward.
If you would like to know more, please email Carolyn Kenney HR Partner C.R.Kenney@lboro.ac.uk for further information.