A brief description of each role can be found below:
- Trans and Non-Binary Lead: Responsibilities include sitting on the Trans and Non-binary Working Group and representing and advocating for trans and non-binary staff at the University.
- Plus Lead: To represent and advocate for other identities not covered by the LGBT acronym, such as intersex, asexual and aromantic.
- Celebration and Awareness Lead: Duties include acknowledging key LGBT+ awareness days/weeks and months through various communication channels, as well as coordinating events for LGBT+ History Month and Pride Month.
- Projects Lead: This role will support the Celebration and Awareness Lead with events related to awareness campaigns, as well as engaging in, coordinating and facilitating LGBT+ related projects (eg Rainbow Laces, the LGBT+ Buddy Scheme).
- Collaborations Lead: Responsibilities include building relationships and collaborating with other Staff Networks and the LSU LGBT+ Association, managing the Network’s Stonewall partnership, and sourcing opportunities to work with active alumni.
- Media and Communications Lead: To manage the Network’s social media accounts and support staff in creating novel online marketing content for the Network’s events and campaigns.
- London Campus Champion: To lead on ensuring the voices and issues of Loughborough University London staff are heard in the Network’s monthly meetings as well as other high-level University meetings, and engaging London staff with the Network’s activities.
These roles will accompany the Chair, as well as the Students’ Union’s LGBT+ Officer and an HR representative to make up the full committee, who meet on a monthly basis.
The voluntary positions are based on a two-year term and are open to any staff member at the University, Students’ Union or campus partner who identifies as LGBT+ or is an ally to the community.
To apply, you will need to provide an expression of interest of up to 250 words, explaining why you are interested and what you would do in the role.
Applications from a diverse range of job families, pay grades, and demographics are strongly encouraged. Please note applications from LGBT+ individuals will take priority over allies to ensure the committee is as representative of the community as possible.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Thursday 20 August. You can apply online here.
Informal queries can be directed to the LGBT+ Staff Network Chair, Chris McLeod, at firstname.lastname@example.org.