In Microsoft Teams, teams are groups of people brought together for work, projects, or common interests.
- Self-service - create your own team in minutes
- Easily manage settings for your team
Further guidance to consider before creating a team can be found on the IT Services website, this includes:
- Loughborough University naming conventions. Prefix your team name with a school, department, programme, project or similar short code: e.g. ITS-Project X
- Team types. Loughborough University commonly uses Class type teams for teaching and Other for all other cases. Once a team is created this cannot be changed.
- Your responsibilities as a team owner
Note: Module Teams are automatically created and updated based on a data feed from Loughborough University Student Information so care should be taken if using module codes in team names
The IT Services website has a dedicated Microsoft Teams section to guide you through setting up a team, for further support please contact the IT Service Desk.
Microsoft 365 training sessions are now available to staff and postgraduate researchers. For more information, please visit my.HR and Loughborough Doctoral College website