// University News
Safety measures on campus buses
The Kinchbuses that run across campus and into Loughborough town centre have a number of measures in place to keep you safe.
These measures include:
- Screens on all the buses to protect the drivers
- Social distancing on services by operating at a reduced loading capacity
- On board hand sanitiser dispensers
- Additional in-service cleaning - hand rails and touch points within the buses are being wiped down and disinfected throughout the day
- Buses are deep cleaned each night
- Compulsory use of facemasks for all passengers unless exempt
- Application of SteriStik, an antimicrobial self-adhesive film. The silver ion technology used in the stickers kills 99.9% of bacteria and is approved by the FDA through SteriTouch. These have been applied to prominent touch points to minimise the transfer of bacteria.
The bus timetable is available here.
Please note that staff and students with additional accessibility needs are being given priority for these services.