13 May 2019
Open discussion on Brexit to be held at Loughborough University
A discussion forum ‘Brexit and You’, facilitated by the 28+ Perspectives on Brexit research team at Loughborough University and Loughborough University London, will be held on 17 May, 4pm-6pm in the Stewart Mason Building.
This end of project event aims to outline key results and findings and address people’s thoughts, feelings, hopes and fears about Brexit, right before the European elections and will include topics such as politics, business, jobs and education.
Guest panellists include:
- The Right Honourable Nicky Morgan – MP for Loughborough
- Professor Steve Rothberg – Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research at Loughborough University
- Professor Helen Drake – Director of the Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance at Loughborough University London
- Rahul Mathasing – Loughborough Students’ Union (LSU) President
- A representative from the Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
Senior Lecturer in Sport Policy and Management and one of the organisers of the discussion, Dr Borja Garcia said: “This event is the perfect opportunity for students and staff to discuss their opinions of Brexit and the relationship between the UK and the European Union in key areas that will affect them directly, such as business, jobs and education. It is designed to debate the most direct effects of Brexit.”
The event is open to anyone. Book your place here.
The 28+ Perspectives on Brexit is a research project funded by the Economic and Social Research Council through The UK in a Changing Europe initiative. They aim to ‘support the UK’s Brexit process with high-quality research that reaches as many people as possible’.