29 May 2019
Heist Awards 2019: Staff eager to turn impressive number of nominations into huge haul of honours
The University’s Marketing and Advancement department is aiming to build on last year’s success at one of the most prestigious awards ceremonies in the education sector.
In July, hundreds of people from universities across Britain will spend the evening at the Principal Hotel, in Manchester, waiting to hear the names of the winners of 14 categories at the 2019 Heist Awards.
Loughborough University staff will be among them after being named in eight of the 14 shortlisted groups, including Marketing Team of the Year 2019.
In total, the department has 13 nominations, with three entries alone in the Best PR or Communications Campaign section thanks to the successes of the Heart 2 Heart initiative, the Gold Coast 2018 coverage and the Christmas and New Year Health and Wellbeing campaign in 2017/18.
Marketing and Advancement director Emma Leech is hoping to add to last year’s Heist haul of a Gold, two Silvers and a Bronze.
She said: “It’s great to see so much of Loughborough’s work making the shortlist and is a testament to the quality and impact of what we deliver.
“One of the things that makes Loughborough stand out in the sector is our focus on partnership working; with our academics, students, athletes, and alumni.
“Their stories and successes power so much of what we deliver.”
This year’s nominated initiatives include contributions from all of the M&A department’s six teams:
- Corporate Communications
- Student Recruitment, Marketing and Admissions
- Alumni Relations and Philanthropy
- International Office
- Creative and Print Services
- Visual Identity
Heist celebrates its 30th anniversary next year and is dedicated to recognising “excellence and innovation in education marketing”.
In last year’s Gold award win for Best Alumni, Development or Fundraising Initiative for the Dementia Campaign, judges said that Loughborough “smashed targets and broke national trends with their Dementia Campaign. A compelling demonstration of leadership and team development with a clear sense of purpose and a unanimous gold for the judges.”
The 2019 awards will be held on July 11.
Heist 2019 nominations:
- Alumni and Fundraising Campaign: Staying In Touch
- Low Budget Initiative: Gold Coast 2018 & Health and Wellbeing 2018
- Best PR or Communications Campaign: Heart 2 Heart, Gold Coast 2018 and Health and Wellbeing 2018
- Community / Business Engagement Campaign: Heart 2 Heart and Operation Jingle Bells
- Undergraduate Prospectus: Undergraduate Prospectus 2019
- Best use of Content: Gold Coast 2018 and Health and Wellbeing 2018
- Best use of Innovation in Education Marketing: Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
- Marketing Team of the Year 2019: Marketing and Advancement