Current Students and Staff

// University News

3 May 2019

European Elections coming soon – are you registered to vote?

European Parliament elections are currently scheduled to take place in the UK on 23 May.

As a student you are allowed to be registered to vote at home and your term-time address.

To be able to vote in these elections, you must be registered to vote by midnight on Tuesday 7 May 2019.

Students who are citizens of European Union countries can vote in the UK.

If you are already registered to vote in Charnwood you will have received a letter from Charnwood Borough Council confirming this. You may have received a polling card for the recent Borough Council Elections.

To check whether you are registered to vote you can call the Electoral Services Office at Charnwood Borough Council on 01509 634546.

More information about the European Parliament, who can vote and how to ensure you are able to vote in the forthcoming elections is available online.