29 Mar 2019
University launches its People Strategy
The University has produced its first-ever People Strategy, which sets out how we will become an employer of choice and inspire a culture of excellence among our staff.
The document supports the ‘Investing in our staff’ strand of Building Excellence, the University’s overarching strategic plan. It provides a framework for the delivery of policies, support and initiatives that will help the University to recruit and retain the very best staff.
The Strategy has three central themes. The University will:
- Have an open and transparent culture that empowers people to perform at the highest possible levels
- Be an agile organisation
- Be an inspiring place to work and study
Activities to support these themes are grouped into five key priority areas:
- High engagement with professional growth, talent management and leadership excellence
- The creation of a diverse, respectful and inclusive culture
- The development of engaging and sustainable reward and recognition programmes
- A focus on workload, wellbeing and resilience
- The provision of an outstanding candidate and new employee experience
A series of campaigns, events and programmes etc will be held over the coming weeks and months to help communicate different aspects of the strategy.