21 Feb 2018
Ethical and Environmental Week set to return
Loughborough’s annual Ethical and Environmental Week (E&E) is making a return next week, putting green thinking and sustainability in the spotlight.
From clothes swapping to looking at ‘bad’ bananas, E&E offers staff and students the opportunity to participate in a variety of Earth-friendly activities and events.
The E&E programme is as follows:
- A ‘how bad are your bananas game’ will take place in the Students’ Union
- A quick fix bike session will be held outside LSU from noon until 2pm. Security will also be there to register bikes and there will be a wire lock amnesty where the first 50 wire locks brought to the stand will get swapped for a new free D-Lock
- The Sustainability team will be in West Park Teaching Hub from 9:30am until noon and in the Students’ Union from 12:30pm-3:30pm. They will be playing a cup stacking game that gives students and staff the chance to win a Loughborough cup
- From 12pm-4pm, there will be a Local and Fairtrade fair in the Students’ Union, giving people the chance to buy sustainable and locally-made products
- A recycling game will take place in the Students’ Union from 11am-2pm, alongside a free reuse folder giveaway
- ‘Swishing’ event in the Students’ Union, 10am-3pm
- When you drop off an item of clothing you will be given a ticket, you can then swap that for a different item of clothing
- There will also be free sewing kits on offer at the swishing event and love your clothes guides, which include instructions for turning a t-shirt into a bag
You can drop your clothes off at E&E events and between 9:30am and 10am on Friday (2 March). Drop-offs can also be made to James Jones in the Students’ Union from 12pm-3pm on Thursday 22 February and to the Sustainability office from 11am-1pm on Friday 23 February.
James Jones, LSU’s Ethical and Environmental Development Officer, said: "E&E week is a great opportunity for students and staff to engage with all aspects of the Ethical and Environmental section of the Students' Union.
“The work put in throughout the year by the FREEC reps in halls as well as that of the Sustainability team at the University is really highlighted during this week. Please come down to the Students' Union and get involved in everything we have to offer!”
More information on the week can be found on the dedicated E&E Facebook event page.