10 Aug 2018
Loughborough Sport offers free summer fitness classes for staff
Loughborough Sport is offering staff members and campus partners a free six-week fitness programme starting from Monday.
Whether you’re aiming to get back into fitness, or want to fight fatigue from the recent hot weather, there are a range of morning classes to get involved in throughout August and September.
The classes available are as follows:
- Indoor cycling: A high-intensity cardio and strength workout on a stationary bike – Mondays 7am-7:45am, Sir David Wallace Studio 2*
- Body Fix: A full body aerobic and toning workout which uses body weight and steppers – Tuesdays 7am-7:45am, Sir David Wallace Studio 1
- Bootcamp: A workout which gradually increases strength and fitness, and is designed to suit all fitness levels – Tuesdays 7am-7:45am, Holywell Studio 2 (or outdoors weather permitting)
- Cc Worx+: A core workout to tighten and tone, whilst challenging balance, coordination and functional strength – Wednesdays 7am-7:45am, Sir David Wallace Studio 1**
- Beatz: A fun, dance based workout, with easy to follow choreography – Thursday 7:30am-8:15am, Sir David Wallace Studio 1***
To book onto any of the classes, call 01509 226212 or visit the Holywell or Powerbase receptions.
Please note spaces are limited, so early booking is recommended. There will be no classes on August Bank Holiday or the following University Closure day (Tuesday 28 August).
Those who participate in the programme will have the opportunity to enter the Loughborough Sport fitness reward scheme, which offers additional access to sporting facilities and services on campus for free.
For every two classes staff members and on campus partners attend, they will receive one fitness credit. Examples of where credits can be used include Holywell or Powerbase Gym, the swimming pool or to book onto future fitness classes.
Credits collected from the early bird sessions are valid between 24 September – 31 October and can be accessed through a Loughborough Sport account. For more information on setting up a Loughborough Sport account, please call 01509 226212 or visit one of the sports receptions.
*This class will be based at Holywell Studio 1 on Monday 3 September
** This class will be based at Holywell Studio 1 on Wednesday 29 August
*** This class will be based at Holywell Studio 1 on Thursday 30 August