8 Aug 2018
Do you need support with obstacles in your life?
Did you know the University has a free and confidential support service called the Employee Assistance Programme?
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) has been provided to offer all staff members unlimited access to advice and information on a wide variety of life topics, as well as coaching and counselling services too.
Examples of life events you can speak to EAP about include:
- Work – starting a new role, setting objectives, reaching your potential and experiencing change;
- Emotional support – dealing with anxiety, stress, depression, self-esteem, sexual identity or neglect;
- Housing – mortgage advice, neighbour disputes, renting or tenancy worries, and information on buying and selling;
- Relationships – moving in with a partner, getting married or trying to start a family together, as well as joint finances;
- Money – help with debt management, budget or creditors;
- Health and Wellbeing – fitness, nutrition, alcohol or smoking advice; and
- Crisis – this could include divorce, bereavement, abuse, a miscarriage, or bullying and harassment.
A range of articles, videos and podcasts on the various life events are available to view on the EAP website.
Staff are also entitled to a free one hour careers counselling discussion each year, and the Employee Assistance Programme offers six confidential face-to-face counselling sessions.
You can access the EAP website by using the ‘Quick Link’ on the top right-hand side of the internal home webpage. The organisation code to enter the website is ‘lborowell’.
The EAP telephone service is also available 24 hours a day by calling 0800 111 6387.