20 Jul 2017
Loughborough bursary for unpaid placements (LBUP)
Loughborough University is pleased to announce a new bursary scheme for undergraduate students.
Up to £6,415 may be available towards placement year costs.
To qualify, students must:
- Be registered on placement for the 2017/18 academic year and on a full-time programme of study
- Have been eligible to receive maintenance funding for 2016/17 and have a live application for 2017/18 with Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Finance Northern Ireland and Student Awards Agency for Scotland
- Have an assessed residual household income of £25,000 or under for 2016/17
What do you need to do next?
If you think you are eligible for the scheme, complete the declaration form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org from 26 July at 12noon from your Loughborough University student email address.
Forms submitted before this date and time will not be considered. We will then be in touch to confirm your eligibility for the scheme.
Unsure whether you’re eligible?
For more information read the full LBUP terms and conditions.
If you're still unsure about whether you’re eligible for the LBUP award there are two points of contact:
- Regarding your financial circumstances please email email@example.com or call 01509 222058
- Regarding whether your placement/s will be eligible then please contact your School Placement Team
Loughborough University’s position on unpaid placements
Loughborough University does not generally support unpaid placements. However, these opportunities are common place and on the increase, especially in certain highly competitive sectors. By providing these funds we aim to make these types of placements a realistic option for students who may not otherwise consider them or would have difficulties supporting themselves.
Further information is available on the Careers Network website.