5 Dec 2014
Charnwood Student Safety Week Day 5
Today marks day five of Student Safety Week in Loughborough. The campaign is designed to encourage students across the Borough to think about safety issues.
Thought of the Day - does my behaviour make other people unsafe, upset or frightened?
Top Tips for being considerate to others:
- Parties. Tell people in advance if you are having a party. Be respectful to the people around you by keeping doors and windows closed and by finishing the party at a reasonable time. Think about other students who may be finishing an important assignment and encourage your guests to do the same. If you live in the community think about the people who have to get up for work, young families or people who may be elderly or ill.
- Cars: If you have a car make sure any music you play isn’t disturbing others. Make sure your car alarm works properly and try not to bang doors, especially late at night.
- Taxis: If you have called a taxi make sure it doesn’t sound its horn after 11pm
- Stereos and TVs: position TVs and speakers away from your neighbour’s wall and raise them off the floor if possible. Think about how loud the volume is and use headphones if you want to listen to your music loud.
- Walking home: try to keep quiet, don’t shout, sing or chant.
Did you know that:
- That the University’s policies and procedures in respect of student behaviour apply off campus and well as on? Read more here
- Anti-social behaviour can leave you with a criminal record and/or University discipline
Remember: Advice and enforcement activities will be taking place off campus (for example riding without lights, noise and anti-social behaviour and drinking in the Alcohol Free Zone) will be taking place at the end of the campaign period so it is in your interests to follow guidance given.