About the project
A range of new IT products and services are on the way.
You’ll benefit from them by being able to work flexibly, efficiently and collaboratively – as well as reliably and securely – both on and off campus.
The move follows a university-wide consultation carried out in 2015 to unify existing services and replace them with the most modern systems available today.
These changes will involve everyone at the University with a desk or laptop computer. In effect it’s a complete upgrade of the IT systems at the University.
These changes include:
- Windows 10 – Microsoft’s most up-to-date computer operating system.
- Office 2016 – the most recent versions of the office software you regularly use including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- OneDrive – a new place for you to store your documents and other files that provides unlimited storage.
- Office 365 – an online version of the Office software suite and a range of new ones.
- Encryption – added security for laptop users.
- Google services: Google products and services will be discontinued by June 2019.