Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
Research groups - Performance
Gender and Coaching (PhD project ongoing with Jyoti Gosai)
Gender in Coach Leadership and Coach-Athlete Relationship (PhD project ongoing with Chen Zhao)
Women in High Performance Coaching (UK Sport – Women Coach Leadership Development Programme – evaluation on going)
- Felton, L., Jowett, S., Begg, C., & Zhong, X. (2020). A multistudy examination of the complementarity dimension of the coach–athlete relationship. Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/spy0000209
- Davis, L., Jowett, S., & Tafvelin, S. (2019). Communication as the fuel for quality coach-athlete relationships: A two-study mediation and longitudinal approach. Frontiers in Psychology, https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2019.02156
- Wachsmuth, S., Jowett, S., & Harwood, C. (2018) On understanding the nature of interpersonal conflict between coaches and athletes, Journal of Sports Sciences, 36:17, 1955-1962, DOI: 10.1080/02640414.2018.1428882
- Jowett, S., Bartholomew, K., Adie, J., Yang, X.S., Gustafsson, H., & Jimenez, A. (2017). Motivational processes in the coach-athlete relationship: A multi-cultural self-determination approach. Psychology of Sport & Exercise, 32, 143-152.
- Jowett, S. (2017). Coaching Effectiveness: The Coach-Athlete Relationship at its Heart. Current Opinion in Psychology, 16, 154-158.