General public health advice
Current Government advice is to stay at home for 14 days if you, or someone in your household, have either:
- A high temperature (37.8 degrees or higher)
- A new continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you are staying at home.
More information about staying at home is available online.
Urgent advice: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online
The existing advice from the NHS maintain good hand, respiratory and personal hygiene still applies by following the guidance below:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, throw it in the bin and then immediately wash your hands
PHE do not advise the use of face masks.
Further advice on how COVID-19 spreads and to how to avoid infection is available on the NHS 111 site.