Loughborough Sports Agents Conference
Loughborough Sports Agents Conference will take place on the 24th and 25th September 2020 at Loughborough University. It aims to bring together academia, agents and the wider sporting community to discuss the agent industry and the profession.
The conference is dedicated to fostering knowledge and exchanging constructive dialogue in this field and contributing to the ongoing professional development of agents in sport.
The conference will consist of sessions including:
- round table discussion involving agents and industry experts
- academic panels presenting cutting-edge research
- industry insight providing key understanding about the agent profession from experts in the industry
- regulatory update offering the latest updates in relation to the agent industry
- workshops providing training opportunities around skills for agents
Call for papers
Deadline for submissions: 30th April 2020
The Scientific and Organising Committee of the inaugural Loughborough Sports Agents Conference invites scholars and practitioners to submit an abstract to be considered for presentation.
The Conference is designed to offer a platform to present research with a clear relevance to the agent industry and welcomes papers that address (but are not limited to) the following;
- Agents in sport
- Player transfers
- Player/athlete representation
- Player/athlete welfare and safeguarding
- Player/athlete valuation
- Talent ID and development
- Performance analytics
- Brand management of players/athletes
- Governance and ownership
- Club financing and regulations
- Dispute resolution in sport
Abstracts should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline is 30th April 2020. Abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com.
For an Abstract to be considered for presentation during the conference the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- Length: the overall text length of an Abstract has to be between 250 words excluding title and author name(s)
- Text only: Abstracts should include text only, i.e. images (pictures, figures, and tables) are not accepted.
- Title: use a brief title to clearly indicate the nature of the research/project/contribution; do not use abbreviations in the title.
- Author names: Provide names of all authors, their institutional affiliation, email address, and a 50-word bio during the submission process.
- Language: Abstracts have to be in English.
Please note: Abstracts not complying with these submission guidelines will be sent back to author(s) and need to be resubmitted.