8 April 2016
Professional Development Workshop for Teachers of Physical Education
Presented By Loughborough University and Youth Sport Trust
- 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Youth Sport Trust, SportPark Loughborough University, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough LE11 3QF
- Visit event website
£99 inclusive of learning materials and refreshments
50% discount for Loughborough alumni and Youth Sport Trust members
To book: http://www.ncsem-em.org.uk/easter-camp/
About this event
Loughborough University and the Youth Sport Trust are delighted to invite you to this inaugural Easter School Camp, delivered by subject experts in Physical Education.
A number of contemporary, innovative and essential topics will be covered during the research-informed, practical workshops and it will provide an excellent opportunity to network with peers.
The workshop will provide an excellent opportunity to network with peers, and a number
of contemporary, innovative and essential topics will be covered during research-informed,
practical sessions. These include:
• Vision and purpose of PE - Will Swaithes, Youth Sport Trust
• Teaching games for understanding - Dave Bunker and Rod Thorpe
• Promoting active lifestyle - Dr Jo Harris, Loughborough University
• Model-based practice and cooperative learning - Dr Ash Casey, Loughborough University
• ICT in PE - Dr Ash Casey, Loughborough University
• GCSE and A level reforms in PE - Will Swaithes, Youth Sport Trust
• Assessment without levels in PE - Will Swaithes, Youth Sport Trust
• Teaching life skills and character through PE - Tracy Healey, Youth Sport Trust
We are keen to support both Loughborough University alumni and Youth Sport Trust members to attend this event with a subsidised full-day rate of just £49, including lunch. Other colleagues from across the country are welcome to attend at a very competitive rate of £99.
We are aiming to build this into an annual residential camp at Loughborough University and hope you will join us to help shape this exciting vision for continued professional development and networking.