Dr Patrick Stacey BSc (Hons), MRes, PhD (Bath)
Senior Lecturer in Information Management
Emotion; information systems development; computer games development; gamification; design; cancer care
Dr Patrick Stacey is a Senior Lecturer of Information Systems/Management at Loughborough University. He joins via Lancaster University and Imperial College. His expertise lies in managing games development and designing positive environments for creativity and cancer care. His current research focuses on emotion in information systems.
Over the course of his 20-year twin-track career he has won a number of prestigious industrial and academic prizes, fellowships and scholarships from institutions such as the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Imperial College London and the National Computer Board of Singapore. His academic research on systems development processes in the sectors of computer games and healthcare have been published in ‘A’ journals.
Emotion in Information Systems, Design and Development
Computer Games Development
Senior Editor of IT & People journal
Associate Editor of ECIS
Co-chair of mini-track “Negative Cognitions Due to IS Use” for Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS)
- Winner of Best Paper Award, Journal of AIS (2018)
- Winner of AIS Senior Scholars’ Best Paper Award (2018)
- Winner of the Dean’s Award for Researcher of the Year (2018)
- Molnar, W., Stacey, P., & Nandhakumar, J. (2017). A Paradox of Progressive Saturation: The Changing Nature of Improvisation Over Time in Systems Development Projects. Journal of the Association for Information Systems.
- Stich, J., Tarafdar, M., Stacey, P. K., & Cooper, C. (n.d.). APPRAISAL OF EMAIL USE AS A SOURCE OF WORKPLACE STRESS: A PERSON-ENVIRONMENT FIT APPROACH. Journal of the Association of Information Systems.
- Morton, J., Stacey, P. K., & Mohn, M. (n.d.). Building and Maintaining Strategic Agility: An Agenda and Framework for Executive IT Leaders. California Management Review.
- Stacey, P. K., & Tether, B. S. (2015). Designing emotion-centred Product Service Systems: The case of a cancer care facility. Design Studies, 40, 85-118. doi:10.1016/j.destud.2015.06.001
- Brown, A. D., Stacey, P., & Nandhakumar, J. (2008). Making sense of sensemaking narratives. Human Relations, 61, 1035-1062. doi:10.1177/0018726708094858
- Stich, J., Tarafdar, M., Stacey, P. K., & Cooper, C. (Forthcoming). Appraisal of Email Use as A Source of Workplace Stress: A Person-Environment Fit Approach. Journal of the Association of Information Systems.
- Stich, J. F., Stacey, P. K., Tarafdar, M., & Cooper, C. (Forthcoming). Email Load, Workload Stress and Desired Email Load. Information Technology and People.