Emeritus Professor Graham Matthews
Emeritus Professor of Information Management
Professor Matthews was Head, Information Management Discipline, School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University(2013-2015); and Head, Department of Information Science, School of Science, Loughborough University (2009-2013).
Previously, he held posts at the University of Central England, Liverpool John Moores University and Loughborough University.
He has been an external examiner at various universities and served on a range of professional association committees.
An experienced teacher, recent teaching includes: Managing Big Data (UG and PG), and Digital Resilience (UG)
Research interests include: emergency planning in the cultural heritage sector, preservation of digital records, design and use of space in university libraries and campuses, and information and library service management.
Member, REF2014 Sub-panel 36, Communication, Cultural and Media Studies, Library and Information Management; RAE2008 Sub-panel 37 Library and Information Management. Panel Chair, QAA Subject Benchmark Statement Review, Librarianship, Information, Knowledge, Records and Archives Management, 2014-2015. Invited member of International Council on Archives Expert Group on Emergency Management and Disaster Preparedness.
- Lappin, J., Jackson, T.W., Matthews, G. and Onojeharho, E. (2018) The defensible deletion of government email. Records Management Journal, 29(1/2), 42-56
- Walton, G. and Matthews, G. (eds) (2018) Exploring informal learning space in the university: a collaborative approach. Abingdon: Routledge, 181pp. ISBN 978-4724-8261-7
- Warren, E. and Matthews, G. (2018) Public libraries, museums and physical convergence: Context, issues, opportunities: A literature review Part 1 and Part 2. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science, 2018 [OnlineFirst DOI: 10.1177/0961000618769720/1]
- Matthews, G. and Walton, G. (eds) (2013) University libraries and space in the digital world. Farnham: Ashgate, 248pp. ISBN 978 1 4094 2382 9
- Matthews, G., Smith, Y. and Knowles, G.(2009) Disaster management in archives, libraries and museums. Farnham: Ashgate, 229pp. ISBN 978-0754672739