Emeritus Professor of Management Sciences
Appointed Professor of Management Sciences at Loughborough in 1973 under the late Professor John Sizer and held this position until he took early retirement in 1990. Since retiring from Loughborough he has held one year appointments as Visiting Professor at the Universiti Utara Malaysia (sponsored by British Aerospace) the Universiti Brunei Darussalam (sponsored by the Commonwealth Secretariat).
Interests are in Operational Research and particularly Inventory Control, Financial Modelling, Decision-making in the small firm, and Decision Analysis.
Past Professional activities
- Member of the Operational Research Society. Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society.
- Served on the Council and as Chairman of the Education and Research Committee of the Operational Research Society.
- Formerly President of the Operational Research Society of Victoria and Chairman of the Australian Joint Council of Operational Research Societies.
- Member of various CNAA Committees, Working Parties and Validation Groups stemming from membership of the Postgraduate Courses Board of the Committee for Business and Management Studies.
- Supervised research students at Masers and Doctoral levels.
- Acted as external exmniner for Masters and Doctoral students at Lancaster, Sussex, Strathclyde, Southampton, Manchester, Warwick and Hull Universities. Also as external examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Warwick, Manchester, Lancaster, Sussex, Aston, Southampton, Salford, Sheffield, Liverpool md Strathclyde Universities, Leeds, Coventry and Brighton Polytechnics.