8 April 2019 - 9 April 2019
Global Political Economy Network Conference: Economies and firms in an age of global uncertainty
Presented By TRANSIT RIG and Economics discipline group
- Loughborough University London
Tickets are £150 per ticket, PhD students can register for a reduced fee of £50, INFER members £100.00 subject to proof of membership.
The fee includes attendance across the two days and refreshments.
Accommodation is not included in the fee. For accommodation you can find a variety of hotels and B&Bs from the Visit London website
About this event
The Global Political Economy Network Conference is a new two-day academic event aimed at researchers in international economics, political economy, development economics and international business, as well as at policymakers.
Organised by the School of Business and Economics's TRANSIT research interest group and Economics discipline group, Dr Huw Edwards and Dr Ahmad Ahmad are leading on the development of this event as an annual conference.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The GPEN Conference is expected to be of medium size, aimed at researchers in international economics, political economy, development economics and international business, as well as at policymakers. We have given a fairly broad theme of "An Age Of Uncertainty", but we are interested in papers from all aspects of international political economy. In particular, we would hope to see papers on:
- International trade policy and agreements
- Multinational firms
- Macroeconomic effects of international policy shocks
- Policy development and practice
Papers from both experienced researchers and from PhD and early career researchers are welcome. We expect to accept a high proportion of submissions.
Keynote Speakers for the main conference
- Nuno Limao. Professor, University of Maryland.
- Konstantinos Theodoridis. Cardiff University and Bank of England.
- Sumon K. Bhaumik. Professor of Finance, Sheffield University Management School
- Others to be announced
Journal symposium/special issues
- We have been invited to submit a symposium to the World Economy.
- Invitation to submit papers to Economic Modelling
- We are in discussion with at least one further journal.
Special Policy Roundtable: Commercial diplomacy and the promotion of trade
Submission of Papers
Titles and extended abstracts are to be submitted via conferencemaker
- Closing deadline for submission: Wednesday, 20 Feb
- Applicants notified by Friday, 1 March
- Submission of final papers: Friday, 15 March
- Regular delegate tickets - £150 per person
- PhD candidates - Reduced fee of £50 upon approval of student status
- INFER members - £100.00 subject to proof of membership
- Registration deadline: Friday, 15 March
Conference: 8 - 9 April (Monday - Tuesday)
Closing deadline for submission: Wednesday, 20 February
Applicants notified by Friday, 1 March
Registration deadline and submission of final papers: Friday, 15 March