Doctoral Researcher in Information Management
I have extensive experience of research, consultancy and training in the not-for-profit, non-governmental, public and higher education sectors, working with frontline paid and volunteer practitioners, managers, trustees, researchers and academics.
I have worked extensively with local, regional and national organisations in the UK and with the co-operative movement, civil society organisations and quasi-governmental bodies in east, central and southern Africa.
I have a variety of experiences of curriculum development, teaching and student supervision on community development and youth work programmes at the Universities of Derby, De Montfort, Leicester, Ruskin College, Oxford and the Open University.
- Department of Social Sciences, Loughborough University (1992-1995)
MA Policy, organisation and change in professional care
- School of Applied Social Sciences & Public Administration, De Montfort University (1984-1986)
Graduate diploma in community education
- Faculty of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester (1976-1979)
BA Hons (2.1) Economic and social studies
- The space occupied by and the social value of the not-for-profit sector
- Cross-sectoral and inter-agency collaboration
- Knowledge management and knowledge sharing as practice
- Knowledge brokering as a practice intervention
- Participative (action) research
- Communities of practice
Research and literature is limited on the role of knowledge brokering as an intervention to improve knowledge sharing in organisations. My research examines knowledge brokering as a practice intervention for knowledge sharing in an inter-organisational community of practice in the not-for-profit sector. The thesis is based on an insider action study that I undertook in a multi-agency project where I was employed as a Knowledge Management Officer.
Dr Gillian Ragsdell, Dr Lazaros Goutas & Dr Donna Champion
“Knowledge brokering: An insider action research study in the not-for-profit sector”
- Chauhan, V., Ragsdell, G. & Olphert, W., 2015. Action inquiry for investigating knowledge management within social welfare partnerships. 16th European Conference on Knowledge Management, Udine Italy, Academic Conferences & Publishing International Limited, pp.905-912. https://dspace.lboro.ac.uk/2134/18955.
- Chauhan, V. & Rix, J., 2011. That makes a change: Leading and changing cultures, Unit 19. In Course E214 Equality, participation and inclusion: Learning from each other. Milton Keynes: The Open University, pp. 155-190.
- Chauhan, V., Simmons, K. & Roaf, C., 2011. Are you being served? Unit 13. In Course E214 Equality, participation and inclusion: Learning from each other. Milton Keynes: The Open University, pp. 235-274.
- Kumrai, R., Hoy, J. & Chauhan, V., 2011. Boundary crossings: Using participatory theatre as a site for deepening learning. Teaching in Higher Education, 16(5), pp. 517-528.
- Kumrai, R., Chauhan, V. & Hoy, J., 2009. Using action-learning in the professional development of work-based practitioners: Final report, PBPL paper 30. Milton Keynes: The Open University.
- Chauhan, V., 2009. Creating spaces: Community development approaches to building stronger communities. London: Community Development Foundation.
- Chauhan, V., 2007. Partnership working in the voluntary and community sector. In Harrison, R., Benjamin, C., Curran, S. & Hunter, R. (eds) Leading work with young people. Milton Keynes: Open University Press & London: Sage Publishing, pp. 232-244.
- Chauhan, V., 2007. Black and diaspora minority ethnic communities and development education. Policy and Practice: A Development Education Review, 4, pp. 47-52.
- Chauhan, V., 2006. Community development approaches to working with young people. London: Community Development Foundation.