Doctoral Researcher in Marketing and Retailing
Katrin Heucher joined the Centre for Service Management as a PhD student in April 2017. Previously, Katrin worked in the chemical industry in the areas of international marketing and business strategy.
Throughout her studies, Katrin has gained significant insight into the FMCG and chemical industry and has shown passion for experiencing different cultures (working and studying in Germany, China and UK).
- MSc (with Distinction) in International Management for China from SOAS, University of London (2014-2015).
- BA in Regional Studies China and Business Administration from University of Cologne (2009-2013).
Katrin is a member of the Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability (ARCS) [https://corporate-sustainability.org/]. ARCS is a partnership among academic institutions created to provide data and networking opportunities to facilitate research on corporate sustainability.
Katrin Heucher is a doctoral researcher whose research is focused on how global goals are translated into corporate sustainability action. Katrin’s research lies at the intersection of sustainability management and organization studies. She studies how organizations understand global sustainability issues and translate these into corporate sustainability targets and finally action and works with qualitative research methods. Her current case study focuses on a multinational aiming to implement the UN Sustainable Development Goals. In this study, she uses organizational ethnography to capture emergent developments.
- Professor Thorsten Gruber (Loughborough University)
- Dr Alex Wilson (Loughborough University)
- Dr Ibrahim Abosag (SOAS)
Awards / Scholarships:
- April 2017 – onwards: PhD scholarship awarded by University of Loughborough / United Kingdom
- 2013 - 2014: Heinz Nixdorf Scholarship for future leaders in the Asia Pacific Region (1 of 8 awarded for China), Heinz Nixdorf Foundation / GIZ
- 2012 - 2013: Germany Scholarship and 2010 - 2011 North Rhine Westphalia State Scholarship, for exceptionally talented and committed students, University of Cologne / Germany